Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Did You See the Sky Today?

It didn't exactly look like this, but close ( and please disregard the "proofing" mark in the center). I loved it. I went to the Lake-Utah Lake State Park- and spent some time sky gazing. It was amazing. And quiet. Normally I don't like it quiet, but today it was so peaceful and relaxing. I could hear the lake melting. Seriously. Awesome. I had to leave cause I had to meet my trainer at 5:00. After that was done I needed to do some more cardio. The sky was still beautiful and I thought it a shame to have my back to all the splendor so I moved the stair machine so I could look outside. It was wonderful. And it got me thinking.....

Today was somewhat of a struggle for me. There are just things I struggle with repeatedly that I don't know why! And it is totally holding me back! I don't know how to fix it, I don't know things that I used to know, I don't know what's going to happen, I don't know....ANYTHING! (I know you're probably lost right now, just bear with me while I vent). I just feel really alone on this journey I'm on. The people who are supposed to be there for me don't seem to be there or say the things I need to hear. They don't have the answers I'm looking for. So I've been praying a lot and trying to be open to the spirit. I think that's why the quiet and the sky was so good today. When I am at the lake and there are beautiful clouds in the sky I can feel my Heavenly Father close; it's almost like an embrace. Since I sometimes question my standing with Him, and especially today, I looked at the sky and I felt good; I felt hope and peace. But then I thought, "that's not for you. That's for someone else, but there's only one sky so you just happen to see it too." And then the epiphany...Heavenly Father loves EVERYONE and it is not coincidence that everyone can see the beauty of the the earth and sky as evidence! There are so many people in this world with weaknesses, trials, heartache, sins, and other problems, but Heavenly Father loves us regardless and He is always showing us signs that He is there for us waiting to come to Him. We just have to look for them and BELIEVE them.

0 comments: