Saturday, February 21, 2009

Starting the year off right

So I erased all my previous posts to start over. And I wanted to start my blogging off my documenting something fun. So here I am a month and a half later. But there are a lot of things I want to post about so I gotta get caught up. So!.....
The day after New Year's I headed down to St. George to meet my good friend Andra for a little fun in the sun in Vegas. Well, that's what I thought. Apparently, unbeknownst to nieve Carrie, Vegas is cold in the winter also. Bummer. But they had better shopping and FOOD than anywhere around here, aka H&M and Cheesecake Factory. Yes, I know there is a Cheesecake Factory at Southtowne or whatever, but it's easier to get in when you're in Vegas. We stayed in the most WICKED hotel room I have ever been in in my LIFE!!!! I didn't know matresses like that existed in hotels! I am kind of sad we were out so late cause we didn't get to spend as much time sleeping in that bed! Yes, Andra and I shared the bed. And even though she thought I was her boyfriend for a quick second we quickly regrouped and stuck to our separate sides of the king size bed. I do feel such a closer bond to her now ;)


Here is a picture of our wonderfully luxurious hotel room. I look forward to staying there again (wink, wink). There was also a GINORMOUS jetted bathtub that I HAD to take advantage of before we left. It probably took 20 minutes to fill and I only got to take a 10 minute bath. Still, SO worth it. I am hooked on nice hotel rooms now. I don't think it's very practical to have a huge jetted tub in a home bath so I'll have to enjoy them on vay-cays. That's what makes it more fun right? There was something about being in Vegas that made me feel beautiful and important and very cosmo. Don't know why, but it was fun!

We walked around Cesar's palace since that's where we were headed for Cheesecake Factory. They seriously have the best food EVER. I always have to get the Navajo Sandwich and Andra introduced me to Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. SOOOO good. Of course.


We got some fun pictures taken. The woman that took this seemed a little confused...which I don't really understand cuz everybody has at least had some kind of exposure to a digital camera, right? Anyway, I think it turned out okay. Andra looked better than me in all our pictures cause she's so darn cute without even trying. I did of course post the best pictures of me :) Interesting side note...I also spent some time in Victoria Secret cause I was interested to find out what all the hype is about. Turns out, TOTALLY worth it!!! I think I gained about an inch of my waist back! Thank heavens cuz I don't have much of one anyway. Just had to share cause it really was a highlight! Another highlight was H&M. I didn't end up buying much but the things I did get I love! And good prices too! Which was kind of the whole point of going. I spent a whole lot of money that weekend, but I deserve to spend some money on myself every once in a while right?


I then spent the rest of the weekend in St. George and I got to spend some time with an old friend Cliff. Being back in Cedar was not a really great experience. I am so glad to be out of that place! Anywho, you know, I'm just a single girl trying to add some excitement to an otherwise mundane life of work, piano, voice, and the gym. It's nice to get out and do something different once in a while. That's one of the extraordinary things about being single. In theory, I have the freedom, the funds, and the time to go wherever, whenever I want! But what I really want is to go somewhere with someone that means more to me than anyone else in the world. I want to share places, adventures, and memories with a family. MY family. I better "live it up" now cause someday I'll be drowning in laundry, barely have time to read a good book, have greater financial responsibilities and (hopefully) a LOT more people to look out for than just myself. Perhaps I'll look back on these days with envy and regret for not enjoying them more. But I'll remind myself that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and that I wouldn't have it any other way!

0 comments: